E-newsletter July 2020
Our experts provide you with a summary of the latest news : new Support Packages, patches published by SAP, or their contributions for EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) applications. They also invite you to discover the latest innovations from our R & D center.
SAP EPM Support Packages and Patches new releases
Concerning SAP FC 10.1, SAP released Patches 01, 02, 03 and 04 of Support Package 09. The extended support for SAP FC 10.1 has been extended from 31/12/2024 to 31/12/2027.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 09 Patch01> Released on February 07, 2020, Patch 01 of Support Package 09 allows the use of Windows SQL Server 2019 and Oracle 19C. This patch also offers 64-bit Microsoft Office 2019 support for the web version of Excel Link, the classic version only supports Microsoft Office in its 32-bit version. This patch also brings various fixes to HTML5 websites.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 09 Patch02> Since February 28, 2020, SAP has been offering Patch 02 of Support Package 09 for download. This patch allows SAMLv2 to be implemented without using the IPS platform (the latter does not support this authentication method). This solution only concerns Financial Consolidation and its related products (FIM, Cube Designer…) requiring IPS and therefore cannot implement SAMLv2 via this correction.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 09 Patch03> On April 03, 2020, SAP provided patch 03 of Support Package 09 which provides fixes on the HTML5 websites, FC windows client as well as Excel Link. The deployment of cubes under HANA has also been reworked in order to benefit from better performance.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 09 Patch04> Released on June 18, 2020, patch 04 of Support Package 09 brings fixes to the HTML5 websites, the FC windows client as well as the Cube Designer. The Support Package also fixes SAML v2 authentication that did not work with Excel Link.
Regarding ICS 10.0, there has been no new support pack or patches, the last one being SP17 Patch 09> Available on January 25, 2019, this patch allows ICS to support Windows server 2016, MS SQL 2017. It also brings the compatibility with the SAP BI 4.2 SP06 brick, as well as some application fixes that you will find by following this link SAP ICS SP17 Patch 09.
On FIM 10.0, the SP17 Patch03 has been published since December 20, 2019> Support Package 17 for FIM. Patch 03 contains 5 fixes which you will find in detail in this link SAP FIM 10.0 SP17 Patch03.
Also, the end of Adobe Flash Payer support on 12.31.2020 will require a change of interface, the FIM website being built today with Flash. New versions of FIM are therefore expected to use SAP UI5. More information by following this link SAPNOTE 2751848.
SAP BI / IPS
For SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Servers, version 4.3 SP00 has been available since June 12, 2020> This version is currently not compatible with SAP FC 10.1, you will find more details on this release here SAPNOTE 2936923
- SAP FC 10.1: The SQL sessions used for consolidation tasks remain in “AWAITING COMMAND” status, the execution of the “TABLOCKX” and “sp_rename” commands no longer allow you to close the session. In order to solve this problem, you have to migrate to SP09 and modify the “IsUsingSpRename” registry key in order to change the way the sessions are released.
- EPM Add-In: In case of problems with the totalizers display, the XML files of the solutions will have to be corrected by adding the “Enable Parent Child Aggregations” and “Enable Named Level Hierarchy Aggregations” tags. This problem can appear during an export from a 10.0 platform followed by an import to a 10.1 platform
- Cube Designer 10.1: There is a display problem on the DP and PE dimensions in Cube Designer, in the Members section of these dimensions the deployment name is displayed in the form “2020..0” instead of “2020.07”. This problem has no impact, the cube contains the right information.
- SAP FC 10.0 et 10.1:SAP recommends the use of external authentication via the BOE web service instead of CORBA external authentication, IPS has therefore become mandatory for FC 10.1 and from FC 10.0 SP15 Patch01
End of Mainstream Maintenance
- SAP FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION 10.0 : 31/12/2020
- SAP FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION 10.1 : 31/12/2027
- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 : 31/12/2020
- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.2 : 31/12/2022
- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.3 : 31/12/2027
- SAP DISCLOSURE MGMT 10.1 : 31/12/2024
- SAP DATA SERVICES 4.2 : 31/12/2022
- SBOP INTERCOMPANY 10.0 : 31/12/2020
- SBOP FINANCIAL INFORMATION MGMT 10.0 : 31/12/2024