E-newsletter December 2019
Our experts provide you with a summary of the latest news : new Support Packages, patches published by SAP, or their contributions for EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) applications. They also invite you to discover the latest innovations from our R & D center.
The latest releases around SAP EPM 10
SAP FC 10.0 SP 19 Patch 09 > Since August 29th, 2019, this hotfix offers a correction of an error when displaying trace report from File menu after deleting an object if there are duplicate rows in ct_log table from Windows client. You will find the details of these corrections by clicking on the following link SAPFC SP19 Patch09.
SAP FC 10.0 SP 19 Patch 10 > This hotfix was provided by SAP on October 1st, 2019, and offers two improvements about vulnerabilities and audit tasks from Windows client. You will find the details of these corrections by clicking on the following link SAPFC SP19 Patch10.
Regarding SAP FC 10.1, SAP has provided patch 04, patch 05 of Support Package 08 and especially Support Package 09.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 8 Patch04> Released on September 06th, 2019, the Patch04 of Support Package 8 brings multiple functional, and application corrections for FC clients (HTML5 web, Windows, …). You will find the complete details of the support package by clicking on this link SAPFC10.1 SP8 Patch04.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 8 Patch05> Since October 18th, 2019, SAP has been offering the Patch 05 of the Support Package 8 for download. The patch corrects problems of “CtExcelLinks.xll” macro is not signed, but also Report bundles problems, date of transferred schedules, and one import/export user tool issue. You will find the complete details of the patches by clicking on this link SAPFC10.1 SP8 Patch05.
SAP FC 10.1 SP 09> SAP has provided on November 28th, 2019, the Support Package 9 which brings these enhancements:
– On the HTML5 client: Data Link definition, Monitoring data quality of the packages, Report Bundles, and email notification
– On all clients: The multi-user mode feature is enhanced, the apply control level both to packages and central manual journal entries, the improved package amount trace performance, new functional rights, the improved Owner Groups and consolidation list UI, and the availability of new long description columns in the Package list.
Also the Support Package 09 allow the Platforms Support of:
SAML2 authentication, HANA 2 SPS04 Revision 43, BI Platform 4.2 SP07 Patch 05, and Windows Server 2019.
The Support Package 09 brings multiple functional, and application corrections for all clients, and also corrects application crashes on Windows Terminal Server and Citrix environments. You will find the complete details of the patches by clicking on this link SAPFC10.1 SP09.
After the installation of the Support Package 09, you need :
– to migrate the data source from the web administration console
– to distribute your category scenarios again (through the Windows client). However, you do not need to validate them prior to distributing them.
– check that your SAP BusinessObjects◦User Management Client version is aligned with your◦BusinessObjects Enterprise XI platform or SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform Services.
– if you put in place SAML2 authentication for the HTML5 client, you need to set up a configuration file named “saml.config.template”. This file is missing in SP09. As a temporary solution, you can find the template file attached to this Installation SAP Note SAML2 Installation. The template file is scheduled to be included again natively in SP09 patch 1.
CAUTION: The Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) is mandatory for the Support Package 08 Financial Consolidation 10.1. It must be installed before installing the Support Package SP08. This package can be found via◦https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145.
For ICS 10.0, there were no new patches, the last being the ICS 10.0 SP17 Patch 09 > This patch allows ICS to support Windows server 2016, MS SQL 2017. It also provides compatibility with SAP BI 4.2 SP06, as well as some application fixes that you will find by following this link SAP ICS SP17 Patch 09.
SAP FIM 10.0 SP17 Patch02 already published on March 29, 2019 by SAP > Three patches make up the patch 02 which you will find in detail by clicking on this link SAP FIM 10.0 SP17 Patch02.
BE CAREFUL or CAUTION. Careful is described as exercising or taking care, whereas cautious is described as being careful about avoiding danger or risk.
The Syslap Solutions: Import Auto Liasses
Syslap has developed integrated solutions to SAP FC that allow us to adapt the consolidation and reporting process to the needs of our customers and to optimize the exploitation of their applications.
The “IMPORT AUTO LIASSES” solution automates the process of importing bundle data into the SAP Financial Consolidation application.
In particular, it allows from a flat file type csv containing data from an upstream system (ERP, accounting system …) to automate the following operations:
- Reading the source file
- Run a Datalink interface (to transform the source file into a format compatible with the package)
- Recover the transformed file
- Execute the import function of SAP FC to integrate the data into the target package (s).
All import options are available and configurable (Import amounts by aggregation or replacement, trigger bundle rules, trigger package checks, with or without publication of the package … etc)
Who can use this solution?
- All companies with SAP FC 10.0 or 10.1 in onPremise
- Our clients in dedicated CLOUD
- SAP FC 10.1: Unlike older versions of FC, when installing a Service Pack on SAP FC 10.1, you have to think about downloading web.config templates for FC websites from the SAP site (depending on the patch level) SAPNOTE 2186804.
- SAP FC 10.1: Web Prints of packages and Conso, the Windows Print Spooler service must be launched on the application servers in order to be able to print packages and consolidations from legacy and Html5 websites.
- SAP FC 10.0: external authentication via the BOE web service is possible from version FC 10.0 SP15 Patch01. SAP recommends the use of external authentication via the BOE web service instead of external CORBA authentication.
End of Mainstream Maintenance
- SAP FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION 10.0 : 12/31/2020
- SAP FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION 10.1 : 12/31/2024
- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 : 12/31/2018
- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.2 : 12/31/2022
- SAP DISCLOSURE MGMT 10.1 : 12/31/2024
- SAP DATA SERVICES 4.2 : 12/31/2022
- SBOP INTERCOMPANY 10.0 : 12/31/2020
- SBOP FINANCIAL INFORMATION MGMT 10.0 : 12/31/2024